Arizona Society of Homebrewers

Information

2013 BJCP Study Group

This group is for ASH members who want to study for the BJCP exam. Current BJCP members are welcome (and needed).

Members: 49
Latest Activity: Nov 20, 2013

RSVP for the Tasting Session in the *Discussion Forum* below, not the Comment Wall. Just find the session date you're interested in and post a short reply that you plan on attending.

Discussion Forum

BJCP 202 Class #4 Sat 11-23 ASH Clubhouse 10am-1pm

Started by Dennis Mitchell. Last reply by Michael Fry Nov 20, 2013. 1 Reply

Our second to last class before your tasting exam! Are you ready? We will be talking about the feedback score, mouthfeel, overall impression and these beer styles: Belgian and French, Belgian Strong…Continue

BJCP 202 - NO CLASS Sat 11-16

Started by Dennis Mitchell Nov 14, 2013. 0 Replies

Just a reminder that where will be NO class this weekend. I will be in CA taking the Written Proficiency exam. In the mean time, make sure you are studying and practicing for the tasting exam. Keep…Continue

Online Beer Scores

Started by Michael Fry. Last reply by Dennis Mitchell Nov 12, 2013. 1 Reply

Not sure if this will help folks? But here’s an online source for judged beers both commercial and home-brewed. You can click on…Continue

Tags: BJCP

BJCP 202 Class #3 - Sat 11/9 from 10am-1pm at the ASH Clubhouse

Started by Dennis Mitchell. Last reply by Dennis Mitchell Nov 7, 2013. 2 Replies

The Beer Tasting Exam is one month from today! This week, we'll discuss tips and tricks for the flavor section of the score sheet and how to do well on the descriptive ability score portion of the…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of 2013 BJCP Study Group to add comments!

Comment by David Schollmeyer on August 27, 2013 at 8:33am

Our September 2014 exam has been moved to December 7th of this year. If you would like to take the exam, please email me at dschollmeyer@gmail.com. Once the calendar gets updated on the BJCP website in the next few days I'm sure it will fill up quickly.

2014 Board
Comment by Dennis Mitchell on July 22, 2013 at 11:24am

As of last night, there is one open seat for the Aug. 3 tasting exam in Sacramento CA. If you have passed the online entrance exam and want the spot, email the exam admin from this page: http://www.bjcp.org/exams.php

2014 Board
Comment by Krystal Bittner on April 9, 2013 at 5:03pm

in future please do not add your attendance to the comment wall. please add to appropriate discussion forum above. If you do not respond I will assume you can not make it. Also please note most beer will be purchased the day before class, do not wait to last minute. thanks Angela next time i'll have discussion forum posted earlier

2014 Board
Comment by girl from arizona on April 9, 2013 at 4:43pm

Krystal - FYI I will NOT be at the first class on Monday. 

2014 Board
Comment by Krystal Bittner on April 5, 2013 at 10:49am

Seems like there is a lot of interest in the 2013 bjcp class, any paid member is welcomed. The clubhouse can comfortably accommodate everyone interested.  I do expect that one: you rsvp each week and two: that chatter is kept to a minimum. 

Comment by Scott Allen on April 5, 2013 at 9:49am

Hi Krystal,

My wife Becky contacted you last week about joining the BJCP study group.

I would also like to join if there is room.

Thanks.
Scott Allen

2014 Board
Comment by Krystal Bittner on April 3, 2013 at 8:47am

also, thanks Matt Jacobson for answering all the questions for me. Glad to have a few 2012 veterans in the 2013 class. Christy the competition committee has decided the cost for class will be $5 flat every week. which will make it easier for everyone to plan for. Making change was a pain for the 2012 session and i ended up with so many quarters. Last year classes ranged from 3.25 - 7.50 (expensive class was Belgian and french ales). 

2014 Board
Comment by Krystal Bittner on April 3, 2013 at 8:41am

Paul, every week i will post a new discussion forum, where i expect members to say if they are planning on attending that week or not. This information is used to buy the appropriated quantity of classic example beers or to cancel class if there is low turnout/hoilday. I will post the first one for  April 15th soon. i'm very busy with the hop event at boulders this Thursday  if you look at the 2012 class it's clearer. expect 2 forums to be added after Thursday  one with class materials the other with week one session attendance

Comment by Paul Vincent on April 3, 2013 at 8:34am

This page indicates

RSVP for the Tasting Session in the *Discussion Forum* below, not the Comment Wall. Just find the session date you're interested in and post a short reply that you plan on attending.

but I don't see any discussion forums for this, just comments.  Is there an actual discussion forum for this?
Am I missing something?

Comment by Matt jacobson on April 2, 2013 at 3:13pm

whatever the address is for the club house, near scottsdale road and thomas.

© 2014   Created by ASH Editor.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service